The following websites are provided as a resource for our referring doctors. This page contains hyperlinks to sites that are created and maintained by other organizations. Our Doctors and our team have included these links because we think that our referring doctors may find them interesting. Keep in mind that our oral and maxillofacial surgeons in Irving, Mesquite, and Ennis, Texas, does not necessarily endorse the views expressed on these websites. Also, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information presented on these sites. Please call DFW Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery if you want to learn more.
- British Dental Association
- List of International Dental School Website
- WebDental—American-based dental database
- Dentistry By Choice
Research & Library Links
- Cambridge University Medical Library
- Medical Library University of Manchester
- MedicineNet—Content-rich commercial site includes interactive groups, ask-the-doctor feature, medical dictionary, comprehensive drug information, medical news, disease-specific information, and links.
- Medscape—Searchable commercial collection of full-text articles from such useful sources as the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Oncolink—Huge collection of cancer information and links based at the University of Pennsylvania. The best starting place found for cancer information.
- ParentsPlace.com—Not health-only, but this commercial site contains many pages of sophisticated, reader-friendly information on children’s health issues.
- Medical Matrix—Physician-maintained commercial database of annotated health links. Oriented toward medical professionals, but accessible to an educated lay person. A keyword search gets you to a subject index, from which you navigate to the links you want.
- American Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- British Medical Journal
- Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Nature—International weekly journal of science.
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- American Association of Endodontists—National organization representing the specialty of endodontics, or root canal treatment.
- American Academy of Periodontology—Their mission is to advance the periodontal health of the public and represent and serve the members of the academy.
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons—Find information about oral and maxillofacial surgery, including cancer, dental implants, sports safety, jaw surgery, and more.
- American Association of Women Dentists—Dedicated to enhancing and promoting participation and leadership for women in organized dentistry.
- America College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Prosthodontics
- American Dental Association—Access to news, publications, products, and services related to dental health.
- America Society for Dental Aesthetics
- America Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists
- Association of Managed Care Dentists—A non-profit organization dedicated to the education of dentists and related professionals about the emerging managed care delivery systems.
- Crown Council—Dental professionals dedicated to the continual improvement of their clinical and management skills.
- International Association of Dental Research
- International Association for Disability and Oral Health—General informational brochure and quarterly newsletter information.
- International Association of Dento-Maxillofacial Radiology
- The American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)—Professional organization of dental implantology specialists.
- National Association of Dental Plans (NADP)—Representative and recognized resource of the dental HMO/PPO industry with news, meetings, statistics, and other resources.
- Oral Cancer Information Center—American-based website
Implant Manufacturer Links