Do you need a bone graft? Are you ready to learn all you need to know about bone grafting, so you can be prepared if you need it? If so, we can help you! Bone grafting is a common procedure and our oral surgeons, Drs. Pedro Franco, Howard Price, and Drew Havard with DFW Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Irving, Texas, are highly trained in this procedure and happy to give you this basic insight on all about bone grafting.
The traditional uses of bone grafting include:
– If you have lost or missing teeth and wish to have a dental implant placed, speak with your dentist to determine if a bone grafting treatment will be required.
– If you wish to strengthen your jawbone via a bone graft, a bone from one area of your body can be used. Special bone grafting substances can also be used too.
– In certain situations, periodontal dentistry has been known to use bone grafts.
– Weak jawbones require additional help with the bone graft if a dental implant treatment is desired.
– After a bone graft is installed, you oftentimes have to wait several months before a dental implant can be placed.
As you can see, there are much to learn about bone grafting, and this procedure could benefit your oral health. If you would like more information about bone grafting, or if you think you are in need of one, please call us today at 972-594-7414 to set up an appointment. Our professional dental team is happy to help you in any way we can.