Have you lost teeth because of dental diseases, such as severe tooth decay or gum disease? Or are you missing teeth because of injury or accident? Dental implants are a modern dental solution to the problem of missing teeth, besides traditional brides or dentures. Dental implants replace the tooth roots and are implanted surgically into the bone, providing a sturdy base to attach replacement teeth.
If you leave spaces in your mouth where teeth used to be, the teeth surrounding those spaces can shift out of position, altering your bite alignment and ultimately harming your oral health. This is particularly problematic when those shifts prevent you from being able to properly brush and floss dental plaque and trapped food particles around the teeth and gums.
To determine whether dental implants might be right for you, consider the following:
– Because they fuse with your bone material, they become one with you, making them permanent and comfortable.
– Because they look and feel like your natural teeth, they are an attractive option.
– Because the construction is stable, you can speak more clearly because they don’t move around in your mouth.
– Because they function like your natural teeth, you can chew normally and without discomfort.
– Because they don’t shift in your mouth, you can smile again with confidence.
– Because they keep more of the tooth intact, they are better for your oral health.
If you take good care of your implant with good hygiene, it can last a lifetime! To speak with one of our surgeons, Drs. Pedro Franco, Howard Price, or Drew Havard, to see if dental implants are right for your needs, you can schedule a consultation at Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in Irving, Mesquite, and Ennis, TX, by calling [phone] today. Our team of specialists will be happy to help you get your best smile today!